March 8, 1988
The meeting was held at 8 p.m. at the home of Black. Minutes dictated October 1988 so allowance should be made for the three "A"'s - Amnesia, Alzheimer's and Alcoholic blurrrrrr!
Those present: Lee, (straight from hospital bed, recipient of much ridicule and a modicum concern), Anderson, Flanagan, Abbott and Heizer.
The evening was entirely Italian and red. Wines tasted and consumed were:
1. 1979 Gattinara Brugo - $14.25
2. 1981 Barolo FontannaFredda - $12.60
3. 1981 Necioto della Valpolcella Amarone Classico - $10.05
4. 1982 Barbera d'Asti Contratto - $8.55
5. 1983 Barbaresco FontannaFredda - $10.25
Numbers 1, 3 and 5 were declared good. 2 moderate and 4 poor.
A jolly evening was had by all with the exception of the President, whose discomfiture at having to drink Italian wine provided much levity and opportunity for barb and thrust.
Back to Tasting Notes
Back to Wines Sampled